Thursday, January 1, 2009

To Two Friends...

A and I work together. We are pals. She’s been listening to me whine a bit. And in the morning she stops by my desk with her thermos of special tea-like substance, made with ginseng, asks me if I’d like some, and fills my cup. Thank you, A, for making me feel like I’m worth paying attention to.

A, this is for you.

SC is my southern confidante. We are friends. So thanks SC. Thanks for sharing and for letting me share, thanks for understanding, thanks for allowing me to understand, thanks for sharing music, mine and yours, thanks for getting it, thanks for being there, on the other end of yahoo, on the other end of Bell Canada, for proving with me that a man and a woman can pursue romance together, but not with each other, and stay best friends. Oh, and thanks for calling me sweet…

SC this is for you.

And so is this.

1 comment:

Life Student said...

I have never seen such a mushy side of you!